Monday, May 25, 2009

My 11 Favourite Dishes

For fun, I list my favourite restaurant dishes (including dessert) - items that I would love to repeatedly indulge in:
  1. BBQ pork rice (Wanchai's Joy Hing's version comes to mind)
  2. Pappardelle al Ragu (Cova in Causeway Bay or Pacific Place does a nice one, I don't think it is on the menu, but they can do it for you)
  3. Tamago (any variety, but especially the soft, freshly steamed kind mixed with fish)
  4. Pancakes (BC Cafe on Indian Hill Blvd in Claremont, CA has HUGE flapjacks that I remember to this day from my college times. But I would LOVE to try the fluffy pancakes from Bill Granger in Sydney. The ones from the Flying Pan are quite nice also.)
  5. Saba sushi (but it has to be very good quality saba)
  6. Vietnamese pho bo (anywhere in Vietnam, LA, Paris)
  7. Linguini gamberi (from the infamous Da Domenico...)
  8. Classic cheesecake (from the Mandarin Oriental in HK)
  9. Minced pork pie with squid (from Sang Kee in Wanchai)
  10. Salt and pepper shrimp (from Fung Lum near Shatin)
  11. Pig's liver with ginger and scallion (from "Kau Duck Chu" congee shop in Wanchai)

No comments: